Here are detailed steps to remap the Bixby Button on Samsung phones, including the Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, S9+ and Note 8. The button can be remapped to almost anything using this method. There is a one-time setup, but it’s easy and only takes a few minutes if you follow these steps
1. Install Button Mapper from the Play Store and follow the directions to enable the Accessibility service
2. Download adb and Install on your PC
3. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone. Go to System Settings and type “Build number” in the searchbar. Select “Build number” from the list, then tap it seven times to enable Developer Options. Go back to Settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and select Developer Options. In Developer Options, enable USB debugging.
4. Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable. A dialog will pop up when the phone connects to the PC, be sure to allow USB Debugging
5. On your phone, open Button Mapper, select “Bixby Button” and then tap “Customize.” A dialog will pop up asking to enable permissions.
6. On your PC, open a command prompt (or PowerShell) and type the following exactly:
adb shell sh /data/data/flar2.homebutton/keyevent.sh
7. Back on your phone, close the dialog and click on Customize again. This time it will restart Button Mapper and Bixby remapping will be enabled.
Now you can remap Bixby to whatever you want. I have mine remapped to toggle the flashlight with a long press. It’s too bad Samsung has made this so difficult, but this one-time setup is totally worth it.
I recommend going to Advanced Options and selecting “Bixby only.” This will disable remapping the volume buttons, but if you are using Android 7.0, the phone will be smoother. If your phone is rooted, select “Screen off actions” to allow Bixby remapping when the screen is off. Unfortunately, without root, Bixby remapping only works when the screen is on.